The week….


Wednesday, January 28th 2009

This morning I made the decision to take a break from trying to find ideas for holiday club and decided to join the rest of the college kids that are here and work at the False Bay site that Living Way is going to based there.  I joined the crew of girls raking the whole property and then hauling tree branches.  I then pulled lots and

lots of weeds.  I ended the morning by sweeping.  It was a very busy morning and I was at the point where I was about to shut down because I was so tired and then it was time for lunch!  After lunch I made my way to Masi to help in one of the kids clubs.   Last week in Masi someone broke into the LSE office and took their laptop, computer tower, and a hair dryer.  I found out today that everything had been found!  Praise the Lord that is something that is huge because things like that do not really happen!  It is such a God thing.  Kids Club was good it was good to work with the LSE I am working with because we can talk through ideas for her club.  I came home and just relaxed for the evening.

Thursday, January 29th 2009

This morning I went into the office in M'berg because I had photocopying to do for the LSE training on Friday.  When I got to the office I had a little bit of extra time which made it possible for me just to sit and visit with LSEs that were in the office so it was a good and productive morning.  I then made my way back over to my side of the mountain and ran a couple of errands and still had a little time before I had to be at Masi so I stopped by the False Bay site and helped clean out a cabinet for a couple minutes and then made my way over to Masi for Kids Club.  Went to Kids Club and today the kids listened a little bit to me which was nice and I helped show the LSE a game so that was good.  I came home and just chilled out this week I have been very tired and it is catching up to me in the evenings!

Friday, January 30th 2009

This morning I had a meeting with the four team leader LSEs to discuss the pros and cons of Holiday Club and talk through what they think so far about the kids club curriculum.  It was a very good meeting with lots of positive feedback which made me very excited.  The one thing that was talked about was working together to come up with ideas and I think that is a great idea so we will see how we go forward from here.  Then I had my training sessions with all of the LSE on Lesson 4 and it went really fast they are catching on to how the curriculum works and that is very cool to see.  I finished the training early so I just sat and visited with them because I did not need to be anywhere so I stayed for part of their next training they had on listening and counseling with children.   Then  I went and picked up Jeremy at the False Bay Campus and we were done for the afternoon.  I came back to the team house and just chilled out.  I laid out in the sun with some of the Intervarsity girls and that was fun.  Then Ryan, Jeremy, and I went to dinner with some friends.  We had a good time of just hanging out for the evening.

Saturday, January 31st 2009

Today was my day to do nothing much in the morning.  The team was gone and Ryan and Jeremy went hiking and I had the team house to myself.  I laid on the couch for a little while and just watched television.   I then had to go to the store and came back and sat on the couch a little longer.  I then got ready to go to a birthday party.  I was invited to a 21st birthday party for one of the LSE sister's in Masi.  The party was supposed to start at 3pm and I was told to come late so I came at 3:30.  When I got there they were still setting up for the party, so needless to say I was still very early.  The party did not get started till about 5:00.  I could not understand all that was going on at the party because they were speaking in Xosha but the party was consisting of a song being sung and then someone would speak and then another song and then someone else would speak.   I left a little bit after 6 and they were still doing speeches but it was cool to be invited and come for a portion of it.  I came home and Ryan cooked dinner for the three of us.  We had spaghetti, bread, and salad.  It was a team effort I went and got the food, Ryan cooked, and Jeremy cleaned up.  After dinner we watched The Lord of the Rings (first disc) and it was very good it was soooooo long but it was so good.  Before I went to bed I sat with some of the Intervarsity people.

Sunday, February 1st 2009

Went to King of Kings for church this morning.  It was a good service about how precious life is and the sermon was based on Psalm 139.  After church, I came home and worked on packing to get ready to move in the morning.  I told myself that after I packed the room that I needed to go ahead and take things out to my car.  Here it is not wise to keep things in your car where people can see them so I was just putting them in the trunk of the car.  I then sat and watched a little bit of America's Got Talent and did laundry and finished the packing of the room!  I finished packing and then have been spending time emailing and updating the blog. 

The evening is going to consist of hanging with the Intervarsity team and then going to Mike and Pam's house to watch the Superbowl it will be coming on here at 1am!!  It is going to be a long evening but it will be a lot of fun.


Leave a Reply

See also: